Nov 4, 2011

Crostata di Frutta - Fruit Pie

Ciao Everybody!
I wanted to share with you one of my favorite Italian desserts... Crostata di frutta, or fruit pie in English. This is a perfect summer desserts since it's served cold right out of the fridge! Yummy!


Ingredients for Pie crust:

1-1/4 cup of flour
1/2 cup white sugar (150 gr.)
1/2 cup powder sugar
3 yolks
2 tbsp cold water
1 Tbsp vanilla extract

Mix everything together and when you form a nice ball of dough place some plastic wrap around it and let it cool in the fridge for about 30 minutes.
When the dough has cooled down, roll it and cover the whole surface of a pie pan.
Bake in the oven for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.

Ingredients for the custard (Crema pasticcera):

4 yolks
1/2 liter of milk
2/3 cup of white sugar
1/4 cup flour
Lemon zest
1 tsp Vanilla extract

Bring the milk and the vanilla to a boil. In a separate bowl beat the yolks with the flour and the sugar until smooth. Pour the yolks cream into the boiling milk and continue stirring until it reaches the desired consistency. Set the custard aside and let it cool down.

Once cool, pour the custard into the pie crust and start decorating with the fruits that you've picked for your pie.... you can chose whatever you like! As you can see this time I used: kiwi, Maraschino cherries, peaches, strawberries, bananas.

To get a shiny look for your pie, get a bag of gelatin for pies, follow the instructions on the bag and pour it right on top... it will prevent the fruit to get brown and it will give it a yummy and shiny look! Enjoy!! Buon Appetito! :D

11 Delicious Comments:

Mary said...

Buonissima questa crostata cosi colorata!

Yukari - The Kitchen Fairy said...

@ Mary: Si e' davvero una delizia! Pasta frolla, crema pasticcera e frutta fresca sono sempre una combinazione vincente :)

La cucina di Molly said...

Adoro le crostate alla frutta e la tua รจ bellissima! Ciao

Zampette in pasta said...

Ciao, bella e buona la tua crostata con la crema pasticcera!!!
Bello il tuo blog, ti seguo e se ti fa piacere passa a trovarmi.
A presto

Yukari - The Kitchen Fairy said...

@ Molly: Grazie mille! :D

@ Laura: Ciao! Grazie dei complimenti! Ricambiero' al piu' presto la visita! :D

Mary Bergfeld said...

This is a lovely creation. I am new to your blog, so I've taken some time to browse through your earlier posts. I'm so glad I did that. I really like the food and recipes you share with your readers and I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. Belessings...Mary

Yukari - The Kitchen Fairy said...

@ Mary: Thanks so much for taking the time to look around my blog! I am flattered! I share with my readers only genuine recipes that come from the heart :) I am glad you enjoyed the tour! :)

Mee said...

This's my favorite one! Thanks for the recipe.

Yukari - The Kitchen Fairy said...

@ Mee: You're very welcome! This is one of my favorites too! :)

Lilli said...

wow! i'm sure it's delicious! =9

Yukari - The Kitchen Fairy said...

@ Lilli: Thanks Honey! Yes it's super yummy :)

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments!!! Thank you!

Powered by Blogger.

Yukari *The Kitchen Fairy*

Yukari   *The Kitchen Fairy*
Powered By Blogger